Wednesday 19 February 2020

Up to snow good || Time in Tignes

After a wonderful time in Paris, we drove on to Tignes where a snow blizzard was ever so kindly waiting for us! I've not ski'd since 1999 so a week before we went, we did a mad dash to the Trafford centre.
Adamant that I did not want to be that colourful bright yellow banana rolling down a ski slope, the hunt was on for a monochrome outfit. 
After checking out Topshop Sno and a few sport shops (don't frequent them enough to remember their names) I settled on a Superdry set. Resembling Shamu the whale, at least I am definitely not anywhere near brightly coloured and much easier to lose in the snow . . . great!

The temptation to buy moon boots from Net-A-Porter was strong pre trip. I resisted.
We walked into the ski resort where nearly every shop stocked them so what colour did I go for . . . black and white. 

It was out of my control and sadly was given a pair of BLUE hire ski boots. They don't look it but they really were bright blue. The assistant made it up to me with white ski's . . . phew! 


Snow Shamu






Baguette life










My fabulous instructor Neil of Parallel Lines ski school. Not only did he get me skiing, we had a mini blogger style photoshoot at the top of the Palafour route!


Even at night, the views were magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment